Top 5 reasons GuestComment’s real time reviews are great for hotel guests
With the initial press surrounding GuestComment’s launch, many news outlets focused on the benefits to the hotel industry. While those benefits are all true, there are also many benefits that GuestComment offers to hotel guests. Here are the top five new benefits that GuestComment offers to travelers:
1. Gives travelers a way to send kudos or complaints to hotel management while still onsite. Have you ever had a hotel employee go beyond the call of duty and you wished you could tell management? On the other end of the spectrum, have you ever left a hotel steaming mad about an issue and virtually writing your scathing TripAdvisor review in your head? GuestComment allows you to inform management while the praise or complaint is fresh.
2. Opens communication between hotel guests and hotel management in a non-threatening way. Face-to-face complaints are extremely awkward. GuestComment allows you to communicate directly with management without that awkwardness. If you have a bad experience and share that on GuestComment, management can take the opportunity to rectify the issue while you’re still on property.
3. With continual guest comments, hotels will implement improvements accordingly. Guest feedback shows hotel management where they need to improve and what they’re doing well. As guests provide more and more feedback, hotels will be able to react in order to provide a better experience for all their guests. Travelers’ real time feedback will let hotels know what they’re doing well, so they can do more of that, and what they’re not doing well, so they can do less of that.
4. Travelers might get an incentive to share their feedback. Hotel management really do want to hear from their guests to know what they like and what they could improve. So, hotels have the option to offer an incentive for travelers to provide honest feedback. For example, they might offer a half-priced appetizer or a discount at the spa.
5. Travelers can leave feedback anonymously. Online review sites frown upon anonymous reviews because they lack credibility and could be fraudulent. GuestComment welcomes them, as hotels know the reviews are collected onsite and therefore legitimate, even if anonymous. Even if you do provide your contact information, you can opt out of having your information shared publicly.
What other traveler advantages do you anticipate from GuestComment?